CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sunday is Family Time

Sundays have always been family time for us. Ever since Wayne and I first married 30 + years ago Sundays have been reserved for spending time with family. In the early years Wayne & I were the ones leaving our home to go visiting to our parents and grandparents. Now with the passing of time and the change in family dynamics, we still visit our parents with our kids but now our grand-kids come along with us. Every now and again we are able to stay home on Sunday's and the kids come to our home to visit. It does not matter where we do the visiting, the important thing are the relationships and the memories we are making and the memories we are giving to our grandkids. I hope my grandkids will be able to look back fondly on the time they've spent getting to know their great grandparents. I know my kids have appreciated the time and the relationship they have with their grandparents. I also know how much the grandparents value these relationships with the kids. Better yet, I hope we have instilled a love of family in both our children and our grandchildren. I want to be a home my kids no matter their age, will want to visit and where they know they are loved & always feel welcome.
Here is a great picture of my dad outside in the garden trying to find"the leak" in the garden hose. Instead he's found a great treasure of little great-grandchildren wanting to pose for a picture. Of course they had to help him water the patio as well.

0 comments: