CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

My mom is home again!!!

Well, she's gone from nearly dead to wow in a little over a month! There is so much to be grateful for. August 16th mom underwent emergency bowel surgery and was septic with a serious infection. Due to her age and condition, physicians were not overly enthusiastic about her ability to beat this. However, here she is, just 5 weeks later. She's received 3 weeks of excellent rehab care at Alpine Transitional Rehab in Brigham City and she is now back at home with my dad and doing very well. As my dad would say "I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in!". We enjoyed a nice fall evening outside on their patio, listening to the waterfall and enjoying one anothers company. We had fresh peaches and ice cream and played cribbage. My kids are all sick with colds and such so only Zach was able to visit. My brothers youngest, Michael and his wife Christa and their baby Hadley came by. My mom just loves babies and especially her great-grandchildren. It's so exciting to see mom look and feel so good. She actually looks better today than she did the day she fell and broke her pelvis. I think she's moving better and I think she has more confidence. Oh sure, she still has a walker for those longer walks but as far as getting around the house, she is doing just fine. I love my parents and I'll never be ready for them to go but I think each time our time is extended it makes me appreciate my time with them even more.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Staci said...

thanks for the update michelle! i'm so happy to hear she's doing better! she (and you!) look wonderful!

Kay said...

Glad she is doing better. What a fighter! We can just keep counting our blessings!