CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 10, 2008

45 days until Christmas!

I absolutely LOVE Christmas! So as far as I'm concerned, bring it on! I'm not finished with my shopping but I'm working on it. I have some of my kids but I still have a couple more to go. Wayne and I won't exchange real gifts this year. We had an amazing summer of travel and fun and we are counting our most recent trip to Hawaii as our gift to each other. Not to mention the new entertainment center and the new 55" LCD TV!
Not to forget Thanksgiving and the need to be grateful for what we have. We are so blessed to have all 3 of our kids living close to us. We enjoy their visits and love having our 2 darling grand-daughters near by. Wayne and I are very blessed to have 2 amazing daughter-in-laws and 1 equally amazing son-in-law. We wouldn't trade any of them. We enjoy great health and the ability to go to work every day and earn a living. We are ever grateful for this. I'm grateful that we still have the company of both of our parents who live near by and we are able to visit them every Sunday. Some people think we are crazy to drive all over on Sunday visiting our parents when we could stay home and just have our kids visit us. We say we are blessed to have them and to have our children and grand-children know them and love them all so much. Family is very important and we cherish our visits with all of our family.
Thanksgiving will be great this year as we are celebrating at our home with all of our kids and my parents. Waynes parents are invited and they may come as well. The more the merrier, and the more great food! (Everyone is bringing something to share). Friday after Thanksgiving Wayne and the boys along with his brother Mike and his boys and my dad will all drive to Idaho near Soda Springs to cut our Christmas tree. Then on Saturday I will decorate it and I'm so excited! I bought new ornaments this year. Haven't done that in a long, long time. I painted our last ornaments and we've had them proabably 10 year or better. I was excited to do something a little different this year.

2 comments:

~kj~ said...

Sounds like so much fun, I love Christmas too. Bring it on!!!!


xoxoxoxo

Staci said...

yay for christmas! i love this post. it makes me happy. and i also like the new look of your blog! great read, michelle! all the best...