CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving


This weekend we were able to reflect on just how blessed we are. We had a great Thanksgiving day. It started out early, getting the house set up for family. We put the turkey in the oven at about 9:30 but at noon the bird was still cool to touch! Yikes, so we cranked up the heat to 300 and let it go another couple of hours. Good thing dinner wasn't planned until 3:00. We were so happy to have both my parents and Wayne's parents join us for dinner. My mom made my favorite Thanksgiving treat - home made macaroni and cheese. She puts grated cheddar and milk in between layers of macaroni. The top layer gets a little crunchy and that's my favorite part. Everything was so tastey this year. Jocelyn and Brandon peeled 1o lb's of potatoes. We love potatoes!! Tyler and Karie brought the rolls. They were HUGE! Karie also brought us a bit of her first ever homemade lemon meringue pie! It was really good and not at all runny like mine always turn out. (sorry Grandma Larsen, I guess I didn't learn very well!). Zach and Hayan brought a Korean dish similar to orange chicken only made with pork. It was so yummy. It was a great addition to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. My dad made his famous dressing and Wayne's mom brought the yams and pumpkin pie. Wayne and I made 2 apple pies, 1 banana cream, 1 coconut cream and 1 raspberry cream. After dinner Sydnee insisted on helping with the dishes. She said she loves to wash dishes so if you ever have dishes that need washing "she's your girl". We played disney yahtzee and Zach and Brandon had a challenge to ping pong. I think I heard Brandon "kicked butt!" Is that right Zach?? Lots of food, lots of fun and lots to be grateful for! Zach got a new job after graduation working in a lab is SLC. He graduates in December with his Bachelors in Microbiology. Wow, way to go Zach!!



Posted by Picasa

0 comments: